Over the years, as the SCDC grew, new needs that would add a meaningful dimension to work with students with special needs and their families, were identified.
We currently manage the following projects:
- Sunderbai Moolchand Mohat Home (S.M.M. Home), Liluah, Howrah, serving deaf, destitute women in a State Government Home.
- The 10 year Public Awareness Campaign, sensitizing people towards disability.
- The Mothers’ Association, empowering mothers.
- Anandaneer, Competence Center for adult men and women with disabilities.
- Alo, an inclusive nursery—pupils from nearby slums.
- A new project for destitute boys with disabilities, from a private Home, ‘New Age Society for All’ in Baruipur in West Bengal.
- Eight Centres in village schools in West Bengal for village children with disabilities.
- The Institute of Special Education.